Eternal Equinox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dead Redemption cheats

Go down

Red Dead Redemption cheats Empty Red Dead Redemption cheats

Post by Sora Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Access Mexico Early

Travel to the bridge called "Frontera Bridge." Ride your horse quickly to the end of the bridge and get off the horse, letting it plummet into the water below. Do not call a new horse. Walk backwards until the railroad tracks start running into solid ground (for a short distance), turn left and go down a steep slope to the riverbank. There should be many small bushes by the river here. The music should also switch (it switches to the music you hear in Mexico). If you don't hear the music, start over. Set up a campsite when you hear the music and you will find yourself on the Mexican side of the river. To get back, you have to travel to the bridge called "Romita de la Baya." Do the same thing with the horse here, let it fall into the river and set up a campsite on the island. The campsite should be near the edge of the island to the north, either to the left or the right of the bridge. You can also listen to the music here, when you hear the music change back to the "American" music, you can set up your camp and you will be back on the north side of the river.

Homing Fire Bottles Missiles

Use Dead Eye while holding a Fire Bottle and your aiming dot will seemingly dissapear. It's still there, however, and you can pass it over enemies to lock on to them like you normally would with a gun. Fire the bottle and it will seek out its target like a homing missile.

It's in the News

If you check at the misc section of the newspaper you will see a phrase at the end of every edition. Enter it and it will be a cheat.

Access West Elizabeth / Tall Trees Area Early

There's a cliff and a waterfall in the far northern regions of New Austin -- just above the MacFarlane Ranch. Enter this area and you'll see "Tall Trees" appear on your screen. If you can manage to get arrested here you'll get carted off to Blackwater. From here you can access the full northern map. You'll need to auto save (see 'Save Anywhere' cheat) and die to return to the southern areas. If you buy the property in Manzanita, it will prevent you from doing this. However, it is possible to hop the unfinished bridge in Thieves' Landing to get back.

Multiply Your Poker Winnings

This bug is easy to exploit, but hard to exploit CONTINUOUSLY.

1. Save your game near any poker table.
2. Play poker.
3. Go "all-in" immediately, and press RB to "Skip to your turn."
4. Did you win? If so, press B (to exit) then A (to confirm) VERY QUICKLY and as many times as you can (B, A, B, A, B, A). If not, load your game and repeat steps 2-4.
If done correctly you should hear the sound effect for leaving the poker game multiple times, and, if you wait a brief period, you will notice that your winnings (or even the $25 ante you gave to sit down) are given to you the same multiple of times you managed to press B, A before actually standing up. If you manage to out 2 people (all-in will remove players from the table) that's 75$ at the very start of the game given to your wallet up to 4 times!

Beating All Players in Poker in Armadillo

Note: This will satisfy the requirement for Scrap 3 of Walton's Gang outfit. First put on the Elegant suit(the one which lets you cheat in Poker. Go to Poker room in the back of the bar in Armadillo. Play a game and Cheat BUT LET THEM SEE YOU CHEATING. This will make you duel. Kill or disarm the player that challenges you for Honor or Fame.

After that there will only be 2 players left at the Poker table, play again and get caught CHEATING again. you duel again. On the Last Poker Player I'd advise NOT to cheat -- the last player is fast and catches you cheating easily.

Now you'll be playing 1 vs. 1. Use this pattern to win: Check or Call THEN Raise and the Opponent will Fold Every time. If you want the game to go faster and BUST the opponent out. On your First hand, raise then check or call then raise.

Unlockable: Avatar Awards

Perform the following actions to unlock Xbox Live Avatar items. You can outfit your Avatar with these items in the Avatar menu.

Red T-shirt / Red Dead Redemption logo - Open 40 chests.
Red Dead Redemption logo shirt #2 - In Riley's Charge, search for a chest in the burned out house.
Rockstar Logo Shirt - Search the attic in the house in Beechers Hope (as Jack). You must beat the game to get inside the house.
Sombrero - Shoot an enemy's hat off

Cheat List

You can enter the following codes in the Cheats Menu under "Options." Enter the entire phrase given below to activate the cheat, punctuation included. Capitalization does not matter. Once a cheat is entered you may toggle them from a master list. If the cheat effect isn't made obvious by its title, we give a description of it in parenthesis below. Entering cheats disables saving and Trophies / Achievements! Finally, cheats can often be found in a box at the bottom of the newspapers you can read in towns.

Invincibility - HE GIVES STRENGTH TO THE WEAK
Infinite Dead Eye - I DON'T UNDERSTAND IMNFINITY
Infinite Horse Stamina - MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES
Infinite Ammo - ABUNDANCE IS EVERYWHERE
Money ($500) - THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, WE THANK YOU!
Horse - BEASTS AND MAN TOGETHER
Diplomatic Immunity (Marshalls ignore crime) - I WISH I WORKED FOR UNCLE SAM
Decrease Bounty - THEY SELL SOULS CHEAP HERE
Gun Set 1 - IT'S MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT
Gun Set 2 (buffalo rifle, sawed-off shotgun, semi-auto pistol, Schofield revolver, Winchester repeater, and fire bottle x3) - I'M AN AMERICAN. I NEED GUNS
Who? (Turn into a Nobody) - HUMILITY BEFORE THE LORD
Old School (Sepia Filter) - THE OLD WAYS IS THE BEST WAYS
Sharp Dressed Man (Unlock Gentleman's Suit) - DON'T YOU LOOK FINE AND DANDY
Lewis and Clark (Unlock all areas) - YOU GOT YOURSELF A FINE PAIR OF EYES
Jack Attack (Change John into Jack) - OH MY SON, MY BLESSED SON
Man In Uniform (Unlock US Marshal, US Army and Bureau Uniforms) - I LOVE A MAN IN UNIFORM
Good Guy (Get a good reputation) - IT AINT PRIDE. IT'S HONOR
Gang Chic (Unlocks Treasure Hunter Ouftift) - YOU THINK YOU TOUGH, MISTER?
Hic (Permanent "drunk" effect) - I'M DRUNK AS A SKUNK AND TWICE AS SMELLY
Coach (Spawns a coach) - NOW WHO PUT THAT THERE?
Famous (become instantly Famous) - I AM ONE OF THEM FAMOUS FELLAS
Sora
Sora
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum